BCOC Service UpdateJune 5, 2020 | Written by Scott Stanek
**Update: As of June 6, 2020, only balcony seats remain open. Click here to save your spot:
BCOC Service Update
June 5, 2020
Dear BCOC Family & Friends:
As the situation with COVID-19 is fluid, we have endeavored to make decisions with your best interest in mind. We have also set our hearts to honor the leaders of our state and community. Many of you have reached out to us in the last few weeks with questions about our guidelines for service this Sunday morning, June 7, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. Initially, our guidelines included that face coverings would be “required” for all attendees. As we see our community and state beginning to loosen restrictions, we also will be adjusting our previous guidelines. Beginning Sunday, June 7, 2020, we “highly recommend” that face coverings (masks) be worn by attendees but they are not required. Our ushers and volunteers will be wearing face coverings.
Please do what you feel comfortable with. As a reminder, here are some of the things that you can expect this weekend:
- Jesus will fill the church with His glory and presence. He will meet us. Joy and refreshing will be present for all.
- You will be strengthened and encouraged by being together with the body of Christ
- We will be practicing social distancing (6 feet apart)
- Face coverings are recommended (ages ten and older)
- RSVP is required due to limited seating (https://www.bcocchurch.org/reopen/)
- Special seating is available upon request
- We will have a family service (children and teens will worship with their parents)
- Service will be shorter than usual
- Families will sit together and be dismissed together
- Online Church- For those not yet ready to worship with us in person, our service will be available to watch on the BCOC FB page, https://www.bcocchurch.org/live/ or https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwAaxQFQX0aKXmhGwMG12aA/featured
We can’t tell you how excited we are to gather together this weekend. The Bible says that where two or more are gathered in His name, Jesus is right there in our midst.
Whatever you need right now, believe that Jesus is ready to come and meet you with all His power and presence. Keep your heart in a place of tenderness, love, honor, kindness and expectation. Our world is hurting right now and we are called to be the light in a dark place.
All our Love,
Pastor Scott & Maureen Stanek, Joan Boethel and Mary Jackson