BCOC In-Person Service Guidelines
Dear BCOC Family,
As you know, in mid May 2020 Governor Abbott outlined the process of beginning to reopen Texas. These protocols gave specific instructions on lifting the shelter at home ordinance and providing guidelines for businesses, hospitals, and religious organizations to open slowly and safely. Since the beginning of this pandemic we have endeavored to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and follow His leading as we care and minister to you, our flock. We acknowledge that this has been a challenging time for us all. We have been praying for each one of you daily these last few months and have been believing God with you that He has been making Himself real to you and providing for you as He promised He would. Our eyes remain on our faithful God through every storm of life.
As we begin meeting in person once again, our #1 priority is the safety, health and well-being of our church family, our guests, and our community. We are following all requested public health guidelines and have put some safety precautions in place to protect the most vulnerable. Each of us has a part in making this experience as safe as possible for everyone.
If you are planning on attending service, please read the expectations below under, “What We Ask of You.”
Each of us has a part to play in ensuring the safety of yourself and others.
What Bastrop Christian Outreach Center Will Do:
- All doors will remain open to minimize anyone touching surfaces.
- Our ushers and volunteers will assist you with sitting 6 ft apart from other attendees. (*Family units may sit with each other.)
- Two individuals who are not members of the same household but who are attending together may sit adjacent to one another, with four seats (or six feet separation) empty on either side.
- We are adding seating to assist with social distancing.
- Upon request, we will have special seating available for those at risk.
- Surfaces and seats will be sanitized and cleaned before and after all services.
- Kingdom Kids Children’s Ministry (Nursery to 6th grade) and Focus Youth (Grades 7-12) classes will not be available during this time. We invite your children to join us in our family service. We will keep you updated as we work to open up our classes safely.
- We will provide activity packets with Bible lessons and crayons for your children
- Services will be kept to approximately one hour and fifteen minutes in length so that families with younger children can be accommodated.
- We will not be passing the offering buckets, but will have a place available where you can drop in your tithes and offerings. You may also give online.
- The altar area will remain closed. Please worship God freely from your seat.
- Prepackaged communion cups will be available.
- Family units will be dismissed together at the close of service, to continue practicing social distance.
What We Ask of You:
- Sanitize your hands at our sanitation stations at the entrances.
- *Face coverings will be required beginning Sunday, July 5, 2020 for everyone ages 10 years old and up. Please bring your own mask and wear it while inside the church.
- Social distancing (6 ft.) between you and other people. (Please leave 4 seats empty next to your family)
- Please do not gather in groups while at a BCOC service. We all love to shake hands and hug, but for now just wave and say hello to others from a distance.
- Remember… if you have a compromised immune system, are sick, are showing signs of respiratory illness, currently have a fever above 99.6, have been around anyone that’s been sick, or are over the age of 65, we encourage you to consider enjoying our online service from the comfort and safety of your own home.
- This also applies if you have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 or live with someone that is at risk, sick, showing signs of respiratory illness currently have a fever above 99.6 or have been around anyone that’s been sick in the past 14 days.
*Note: This face-covering requirement does not apply to any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering.
Know that we love and miss you and look forward to seeing you as soon as you feel comfortable to join us in person
Attached is the Guidance for Church Worship Services issued by the Attorney General of Texas.[Download Attachment] We encourage you to review prior to attending our in person church service.
Here are some helpful links which are updated regularly:
- CDC www.cdc.gov has important information about COVID-19
- Local information at https://www.co.bastrop.tx.us/page/em.coronavirus
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at: [email protected] or call us at 512-321-2273.
We are so excited to see you soon. We ask that you show the love of Christ by being kind, patient and understanding with one another in these coming days. We know there is a lot of “noise” surrounding us that would love to distract and bring strife and division but we know that where there is unity the Lord commands the blessing and life evermore (Psalm 133). The Bible tells us to attend or “give attention” to His words.
My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh (Proverbs 4:20-22)
So, let’s make sure that we focus on what really matters. Love never fails! All else will pass away.
We love you and God loves you.
Pastor Scott & Maureen Stanek, Joan Boethel and Mary Jackson
Bastrop Christian Outreach Center
Nothing…in the whole world will be able to separate us from the love of God. – Romans 8:39