Dear BCOC Family,
Our number one priority is the safety, health and well-being of our church family, our guests, and our community. We are following all requested public health guidelines and have put some safety precautions in place to protect the most vulnerable. Each of us has a part in making this experience as safe as possible for everyone.
If you are planning on attending service, please read the expectations below:
BCOC Revised Guidelines – Updated August 14, 2020
What Bastrop Christian Outreach Center Will Do:
- All doors will remain open to minimize anyone touching surfaces.
- Our ushers and volunteers will be wearing masks as they assist you with sitting 6 feet apart from other attendees. (*Family units may sit with each other.)
- Two individuals who are not members of the same household but who are attending together may sit adjacent to one another, with three seats (or six feet separation) empty on either side.
- We have added extra seating to help with physical distancing
- Surfaces and seats will be sanitized and cleaned before and after all services.
- Kingdom Kids Children’s Ministry (Nursery to 5th grade), Junior High (Grades 6-8) and Senior high (Grades 9-12) classes will open beginning September 13, 2020. We will be sending you more details soon about what these classes will look like.
- Services will be kept to approximately one hour and thirty minutes in length
- We will not be passing the offering buckets but will have a place available where you can drop in your tithes and offerings. You may also give online.
- Prepackaged communion cups will be available.
- Family units will be dismissed together at the close of service, to continue practicing physical distance.
What We Ask of You
- Social distancing (6 ft.) between you and other people.
- *Face coverings will be required for everyone first grade and older. Please bring your own mask and wear it while inside the church.
- While you are seated, you may remove your face mask. We ask that you keep your face mask on at all other times.
- We will have special reserved seating (the first section on the right while facing the stage) available for all persons who do not want to remove their mask while they are seated.
- Sanitize your hands at our sanitation stations at the entrances.
- Please do not gather in groups while at a BCOC service. We all love to shake hands and hug, but for now, just wave and say hello to others from a distance.
- We ask that you stay home and enjoy the online service if you feel ill, have had a fever above 99.6, have had any symptoms of any illness within the past 14 days, or if you have been around anyone that’s been sick.
*Note: This face-covering requirement does not apply to any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering.
Know that we love and miss you and look forward to seeing you as soon as you feel comfortable joining us in person
Attached is the Guidance for Church Worship Services issued by the Attorney General of Texas.[Download Attachment] We encourage you to review prior to attending our in-person church service.
Here are some helpful links which are updated regularly:
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at: [email protected] or call us at 512-321-2273.
We love you and God loves you.
Pastor Scott & Maureen Stanek, Joan Boethel and Mary Jackson
Nothing…in the whole world will be able to separate us from the love of God.