2014 – Moving Into Action by Pastor ScottJanuary 14, 2014 | Written by Maureen Stanek
Welcome to 2014! Today (Sunday morning, 1-12-14) my wonderful husband, Scott, shared a great message about where the Lord is taking us as a church body in the coming year. I thought I’d take a moment to recap what he said in case some of you weren’t in church today (remember you can go to our “Media” page and listen to the sermon).
Pastor Scott shared three important points listed below:
I. Three Things I Hear the Lord Saying for this Year
- In 2014, it is important for all of us to stay united and stay connected. Remember what Psalms 133 says:
Psa. 133:1 “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! 2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; 3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.”
Take a minute also to read Genesis 11:6.
- In 2014, get ready for the year of the double: double blessings, double honor, double favor. The number, “7”, is the number of perfection- 14 is “double seven”
- Take time to count your blessings from last year (2013). What did the Lord do for you? Thank Him for all He has done, then get ready for even more in the coming year. Remember, keep a thankful heart.
- In 2014, we will reap what we sow. Take the time now and make the decision to be one who sows to the spirit and not to the flesh.
8” For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.”
II. Sowing to the Spirit
How do we sow to the spirit in 2014? Well, we must move into action.
26 “For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.”
- Ways to Move into Action in 2014
- Giving- If you have not been a tither, begin to tithe
i. Honor God with your tithes and offerings
- As a church body, we are going to set January-March aside as special months of prayer.
- What will this look like?
i. BCOC Daily Bible Reading Plan- Read through Matthew and Proverbs during the months of January-February
ii. 12 Hours of Power
- 12 Hours of Power
Beginning on February 3, 2014, the sanctuary will be open Monday thru Friday for prayer from 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Come pray anytime during those hours.
We want each member of the body to choose an hour each day to pray.
- Prayer Circles
- Each week (beginning in February) we will focus on a different topic for prayer.
- During the first week of February, our focus will be the local church.
- If BCOC is your home church, pray for the church. If not, pray for the church you belong to. Pray for your pastors, for each member of the body.
- There are scriptures available on this page that you can download and use as you pray.
- What will we be Praying About in the Upcoming Weeks?
- Week 1 – BCOC, Local Church
- Week 2 – Miracles, Outpouring, Gifts of Spirit, Move of God
- Week 3 – Family and Marriages
- Week 4 – Children, Youth, Schools
- Week 5 – Finances, new jobs, new business, money
- Week 6 – Community, State of Texas
- Week 7 – USA
- Week 8 – Souls, World Harvest, Nations
- Week 9 – Pastors, Spiritual leaders
- Week 10 – Family
- Week 11 – Spiritual Hunger
Our prayer is that as you follow hard after God this coming year, your eyes will behold wondrous things. Of course, pray as the Holy Spirit leads and guides you each day.
We hope this will help you set your sail and set your course as this new year begins.
In His Amazing Love,