Today, I was reading through our BCOC training manual for our teachers in the children’s department. I was so encouraged reading these scriptures about what God says about children. Take some time to pray these scriptures below over your children. Jesus wants to touch your child today. I’d love for you to take some time to meditate on these scriptures below. Jesus is still calling children to Himself today. Look around you for opportunities to bless a child today. Put your hands on their tiny foreheads and say a prayer, give them a smile, get down on their eye level and listen to the stories and thoughts they want to share. Slow down a bit to just be there and be available. Put your phone in a hidden place and go outside and enjoy God’s creation together. Sit under a tree and listen to the birds chirping. There is so much to discover with your children or grandchildren today! Love them and enjoy these precious moments.
In His Love,
Below, I have listed a few comments that reflect our Philosophy at BCOC:
- Children are important to God!
“Then they brought little children to Jesus that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked those who brought them. But when Jesus saw it, He was greatly displeased and said to them, ‘Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the Kingdom of God’ And He took the children up in His arms, laid His hands on them, and blessed them.” Mark 10:13-16
“But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.” Matthew. 18:6
- Children can be saved while they are young!
“and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.” 2 Timothy 3:15
- God wants to use children in ministry. “But Samuel ministered before the Lord, even as a child, wearing a linen ephod.”
1 Samuel 2:18
“Do not say, “I am a youth,” for you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak.” Jeremiah 1:7
- Children have the same size Holy Spirit as adults. They don’t get a “Miniature” version. Therefore, we can expect the fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit to be present in the lives of children.
“And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and daughters shall prophesy” Joel 2:28
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations. Jeremiah 1:5 Ministry begins at birth!
- Children remember what they SEE more than what they HEAR! Jesus himself used visual aids to teach; He used common objects (tree, mustard seed, gold coin, fish, etc.) to illustrate spiritual truths. We use high-visual presentation in every teaching element (drama, puppets, object lessons, Bible characters, picture books, crafts, etc.)
- We are NOT the parents, but we want to “partner” with parents in the training-up process! Parents are our partners, not our enemies!
- Everything we teach should be Christ-centered and Holy Spirit controlled!
- Every week’s teaching plan includes these four elements:
1) Praise and worship
2) Prayer for children’s needs
3) Offering/giving lesson
4) Bible lesson and/or scripture memory
Church should be FUN! We are called to be “Fishers of men,” and when you fish for kids, you better have some fun on the end of your hook!